Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Blog Assingment 6

Since the beginning of time writing has not been one of my strong points. Although as a child I enjoyed writing music as well as in journals to express my feelings when it came to essays and reports I would RUN. Currently I still don't feel excitement about writing however I know that it is something that I must do at various times in my life so I cannot run from it. Half way through this course I came to the conclusion a decided to give it a shot and learn as much as I can about this specific style of writing. Especially since technical writing will be required of me in my career field of choice.

During this technical writing course I have learned that technical writing is used for communication purpose between engineers and scientist. I have learned how to construct and write several documents such as , a memo, lab report, recommendation report, feasibility studies, and create specification charts and comparisons. These things are constructed with formats and layers that must be properly addressed and well put together.

I have also learned about APAcitations. How to construct them and when and where to put in text citations. I've learned where to collect the proper information that may be needed when doing research. The kind of things to look for and the website that aren't credible or professional although they have tons of information.

I have learned about blogs. I enjoy writing blogs because the pressure of formal writing such as structure, vocabulary, grammar, etc, isn't present when I'm doing blog a assignment so every thing seems to flow more freely and comfortably. I'm at peace and not under tremendous pressure which in turn makes writing that much more pleasurable. Takes me back to the times when writing didn't seem like such a hard thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment